So…these are some of the results of my two evenings work with Second Inventory, working on an old PC, importing from IWz and from Second Life.
The two trees above I removed the textures from as it wasn’t working with the textures on them, and I removed the scripts with Phoenix (which has remove scripts as a very neat builders tool) and they came thro fine. The retexturing will be quite an easy process compared to aligning all those prims. These are quite the most complicated trees I moved.
This is the Candy Tree which I built IWz and imported into SL. Two or three of the sculptie maps didn’t load, so there’s a little work to do there, but not bad…
Like a lot of the simpler things the coconuts got thro to Iwz in perfect shape…
…as did the newly retextured Daphne’s demise, which I retextured with my latest textures at Maeve’s prodding.
On this one the linking didnt work, but the prims and textures are all there….this will be a pain to fix, but probably still a lot faster than rebuilding from scratch.
Perfect pine trees for IWz just in time for Jeri’s Christmas Bazaar
…and, although I have dropped the bark texture the very popular Oak has made it thro to IWz too.
The 67th, here as a bonsai did well, the grass being one prim that screwed up..
At first glance …fail… but the placement is there…
Well, that’s not the lot, because a few more trees and flowers were a success, and a few didnt load even, so failed. I did get the repeated message that the asset server hadnt responded in time, so it may well have been SL playing up…who knows. I would say, however that overall its been fairly fast, easy, fun…. but only about 60 to 70% success…which I am happy about anyway….
That’s an enormous time saving for about 10 hours work, but not perfect if you are fussy…