Tallboy in oak, finished

Finally finished my corner unit tallboy.

This is it finished, at last..

I did a bit of carving as I said last post and decided to paint it…

The top is inlaid with some plum wood and walnut and the drawers are half made in spalted beech and half in oak. The bases are painted plywood.

I had trouble with the handles, I wanted to make them in metal and I guess I should have done so but I wanted to finish it so I made them from wood. The first set I hated and so I had to remove them and make a new set.. that all took time but I’m fairly happy with the new ones although…. I should probably have gone for metal.

It takes a lot of time to get the drawers sliding in and out smoothly but I got there in the end.

This has been a 5 month project … my next one should be shorter, I’m carving an oval frame for a mirror in cherry.

More later…

:)

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under stuff

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s